01 February, 2011

What a busy weekend!

I had so much going on this weekend, I have not had a chance to write.  We celebrated Aaron's birthday with some friends, three of which also had January birthdays.  It was fun getting together, and turned out to be a baby fest!  Of the five babies born to that group this past year, four were present.  So precious.


Andy, Hudson, and Jacob


Marc and baby Mia


Mama Beth and baby Hud


Uncle Coopie and Anabelle looking so grown up


Winter weather kept us indoors all day Tuesday, and will do so again tomorrow (Wednesday).  But, instead of cabin fever, the girls and I decided to make valentines and watch a movie.  Nothing like a little Dennis the Menace to lighten the mood.  The girls made some beautiful pieces of art, and I can't wait for them to give them to their friends.









I had fun making a few, myself!  I still would like to make a few more, but we'll see if time permits later...


And, here are photos of our "snow"- let's call it what it is, actually, 1 1/2 inches of ice under a dusting of the fluffy white stuff we so longingly crave here in north Texas.




Another snow day tomorrow with the girls.  Aaron is debating on whether or not to go in to work in the morning due to ice on the roadways.  We may have to come up with some fun things to do.  Maybe a treasure hunt...indoor treasure hunt.  If the wind dies down and the windchill factor is actually ABOVE the single digits, maybe we can venture outside, too.

For now, the bed is calling my name.  Today was quite trying for my patience and stamina.  I'll need a good night's sleep to prep me for another day of entertaining the troops.

1 comment:

  1. Love Love LOVE the Valentines! Gonna have to stock up on those doily-things and make some around here too! Too cute. What a fun Mom you are!

    ReplyDelete