29 January, 2011

My tiny gift from above

  When Hudson wakes up, it is the most precious moment of my day.  Walking in the grocery store this afternoon, he fell asleep in the baby bjorn with his tiny head against my chest.  A short while before I went to check out and head home; he opened his little eyes, leaned his head back to look up at my face, and smiled a drooley, sleep-drunken, almost toothless grin.  He gazed at me with a love bond that is almost indescribable.  I melted into his navy hazel eyes and for a brief instant, nothing else existed but the two of us.  His baby breath and soft giggles completely engulfed my heart.  What an amazing creature, this son of mine.  What a perfect gift from God, packaged so beautifully and delivered to me.
  He just finished nursing a few minutes ago and immediately began his sing-song cooing and smiling.  Now he is contentedly playing on the floor and periodically squealing with delight.  All it takes is a sideways glance from me to send him into total body shivers of joy.
  Thank you, Lord, for this little punkin I call my boy.  You always know what to give me and when I need it.  He is truly more than I could ask for or imagine.

2 comments:

  1. I know you love your girls just like I love mine but there is a special bond between a mama and her baby boy...I think you understand that with all your heart! Hudson has completed your family and he is so precious! He truly is a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a gift and boys are special like none other!

    ReplyDelete