17 January, 2011

Big girl time tomorrow!

  Tomorrow brings a friend to my home!  I'm so thrilled that Jocelyn is coming over.  It's a rare day when I am allowed interaction with an adult female.  My conversations usually surround what's the latest and greatest pillow pet or what's coming up next on Dora Saves the Prince or Max and Ruby's silly shenanigans.
  I love my husband, but God knew what he was doing when he invented GIRLfriends!  Nothing takes place of that special bond.  Someone who can look at your messes and just help you clean up (or sit on the couch and ignore them like you do!).  Someone who, when you stick your foot in your mouth, gives you her hand in pulling it out again.  Jocelyn is a good friend and precious woman of God.  I praise him for bringing her into my life and allowing us to cultivate a special friendship.
  Moving all over the place during my childhood and young adulthood left me quite the wanderer.  I never have been blessed with "childhood friends" since I never remained in the same place for more than a couple of years.  I am currently in a house that has proven to be the longest I've stayed anywhere in my life.  Now, it might be time to go again.
  Until that decision is made, though, I will treasure these moments and have fun.  I may not be able to have a slumber party or girls' clubhouse anymore, but I can at least have lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment