28 January, 2011

Last Night's Sushi for Breakfast?

  


  I walked in the kitchen this morning to prepare breakfast, only to find my husband standing there in his pajama pants, eating last night's sushi from the styrofoam box.  Here I was, ready to make coffee, gluten free chocolate chip pancakes, organic, gluten free breakfast sausage, and pan fried eggs, and the boy was eating dried out sushi.  I don't get it.  He is not a breakfast person, just like his mother.  I'm not sure how I actually married this guy.
  Who doesn't like the only meal of the day when no one judges you for ladling two cups of liquid maple sugar on top of carb filled, candy studded pancakes, topped off with greasy, porkalicious sausage and buttery, fried eggs?  I can't think of another meal when it's alright for the entire plate to be brown and white, the kids eat with reckless abandon because the whipped cream on their Mickey Mouse waffle is melting into their tablespoon of butter, and the thicker and fattier the bacon, the better.  I love a meal whose main dish consists of virtually dessert.  Breakfast for dinner?  I'll take it.
  Do you want an egg, honey?  Nope.  Would you like some sausage, sweetie?  Nuh-uh.  What is wrong with you, darling?  
  Thankfully, my children love the first meal of the day, and I can get them to the table with no problem.  I've tried to instill some great eating habits in my kids, but when it comes to breaking fast, all bets are off.  We go to town and I'm not ashamed of it!  I may still try to throw in the organic sausage, or slow cooking organic rolled oats, and maybe a cage free egg or two just to make me feel like I've made an attempt at health food.  But, when it comes to my favorite meal of the day, I want to enjoy myself and no one can stop me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment