19 January, 2011

Sunshine, on my shoulders, makes me happy.









I can't wait to go out in this weather.  The baby is napping and I'm waiting on Elizabeth to get home from school.  I need to stay out of the house for a while.  I think God blesses us when we are outdoors with an extra measure of peace and tranquility.  The sun rains down on our backs and smiles are quick to grace our faces.  Sticks become treasures, pine cones coveted pieces of artwork, and pebbles sought after for their own beauty.  It feels so good to use my legs and stretch my lungs.  Crisp breezes take Hudson's breath away, as he isn't used to anything blowing in his tiny face.  I love to chuckle at his wonderment of the outside world.  My favorite is watching Anabelle put her hand to her ear and ask me if I can hear it.  "Can you hear dat, mommy?"  It doesn't matter what sound it is, bird, train, dog barking.  She just wants to know if I hear it, too.  Maybe we'll take time to go to the park for a while.  I may even give myself a break from cooking tonight.  We can spend that time playing games, instead.  Tomorrow, the weather turns again.  Today, it's our own private paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment