12 January, 2011

Ahhh...that ever elusive sleep I've craved for so many, many years.

  Last night, I made a decision.  I'm going to get my baby somehow, someway to sleep through the night.  I know, I'm a real comedienne, right?  He is a precious angel, that little Hudson.  Laughing, smiling, babbling.  What a doll.  But, this twice awake every night has got to go.  I know he can do it.  He's slept for ten hour stretches several times.  Teething and a really yucky cold have completely messed my little guy up.
  I like the suggestions ivillage has on sleep training. It's an older article, but it still has fabulous insight.  I've tried to enclose a link- we'll see if it works.  The good thing about their article is that it does remind me that a breastfed baby needs to eat more often than a formula fed baby.  You'd think I would remember these things since this isn't my first rodeo.  I guess I'll mark that one up to sleep deprivation!  Ha!  Now that Hudson is over 15 pounds and 4 1/2 months old, I think I will try a little of the training and see what happens.
  Our nights are disrupted with Anabelle more often than not, so having three of the four sleeping soundly will be an improvement.  With both Hudson and Anabelle up at all hours, bleary eyes and grumpy demeanors are becoming status quo around here.  Not fun.
  Why is Anabelle awake?  That's an entirely different subject, and dinner needs to be made.  Maybe I'll vent on that later.  For now, wish me luck.  I have a day's worth of dishes calling my name, food to prepare, a 2nd grader to wrangle into doing homework, laundry to finish, and a husband coming home in a few hours who will want to eat and hit the sack... ;-).  My day never ends!


Oh, this is what I'm talking about!


Sleep, sweet babies, sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment